GNUstep observations

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: GNUstep observations
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 00:54:49 +0100

Hello all,

some more GNUstep observations.

• The first issue can easily be reproduced with Ink.app. Just create 2 new documents and click into the first. The menu is visible. Now click into the second window. The menu vanishes and the second window is not made key yet (wrong). Click on the second window again, now it becomes key and the menu reappears. This behaviour is wrong.

• I have another Finder like document-based app. Again I open two windows (documents), each containing nothing more than a browser. Changing the selection within the browser has the same lazy effect. Clicking on a cell does not immediately select this cell. It is highlighted, but it needs a further click on the same cell to actually change the selectionm causing the column to the right to update. This behaviour is wrong.

I am seeing this on Solaris 10 with Window Maker 0.80.2 installed as follows:

        /usr/bin/bunzip2 Depend-sparc-pkgs.tar.bz2
        tar xvf Depend-sparc-pkgs.tar
        cd Depend-sparc-pkgs

        pkgadd -d SFWgcmn
        pkgadd -d SFWgcc34l
        pkgadd -d SFWgcc2l
        pkgadd -d SFWungif
        pkgadd -d SFWimlib

        /usr/bin/bunzip2 SFWwmkr.bz2
        pkgadd -d SFWwmkr

Is this anyhow Window Maker related? Can anybody confirm these observation and have a clue what this behaviour might be caused by?

Regards,

  Andreas