RE: Gnustep gui and win32 visual styles (theme)

From: Frode
Subject: RE: Gnustep gui and win32 visual styles (theme)
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 23:37:04 +0100

I'm intrested in an AppKit library (gnustep-gui) especially designed for
targeting MS Windows platform. I guess I'll be forced to start a new
project. In this way, AppKit would not only be a serious solution when
porting Cocoa application written on Mac OS X to Windows, but it would
also be a complement or competitor to existing frameworks and
technologies on MS Windows.

We could extract current code-base from GNUstep repository. Essentially,
my initial idea is that AppKit should be especially optimized for MS
Windows look and feel, including controls and menus.

I don't currently know how much about Windows programming or how much
work is needed for this. But at least this is my idea. Is there anyone
other intrested in this or am I alone?

Regards,
Frode