Re: (Windows) What is "gdnc"?

From: Lloyd Dupont
Subject: Re: (Windows) What is "gdnc"?
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:08:26 +1000

hu?
And what is it doing there?
I don't do any DO!

- Reading some newsgroup I discover that the pasteboard could launch it. I did a quick search on NSPasteboard in the ObjectiveC code: there was none.
- Then I look for NSPort: there was none.
- the I look for NSConnection, there was none.

So...
what else could launch GDNC?
I would like to know what to trim down!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gregory John Casamento" <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> To: "Lloyd Dupont" <lloyd@nova-mind.com>; "GNUstep Discussion" <discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:04 PM

Lloyd,

--- Lloyd Dupont <lloyd@nova-mind.com> wrote:

I'm using GNUstep to read/write/access some data in my application.
But the application is an ordinary (.NET) windows Application.

Lately I add support for picture in my document which I stored as a
NSFileAttachment in NSAttributedString.
When I created the picture (the NSTextAttachement of a NSFileWrapper really)
a console windows named "C:\GNUstep\System\Tools\gdnc" suddenly appeared.

What is that?

It is the GNUstep Distributed Notification Center daemon.  GDNC for short.

Later, GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- Principal Consultant, Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.