Re: List of GNUstep fixes

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: List of GNUstep fixes
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:42:29 +0100

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Höschler wrote:

> *NSCell
> *We make sure the value returned by objectValue complies with the set
> formatter, e.g. doing setObjectValue:[NSCalendarDate calendarDate] and
> then retrieving the objectValue should give us 2005-12-13 00:00:00 if
> the formatter is set to %d.%m.%Y. The old implementation returned
> something like 2005-12-13 17:35:02 which is wrong.

thank you for this change request. I must admit that I am still a bit
puzzled about this. You are stating that when setting the object value
of a cell Cocoa takes the object value, generates the string value via
the formatter and then extracts the actual object value from this string
value. This looks wired to me. Do you have prove that this is the actual
behaviour on MacOSX? Of course a short test on OpenStep would also help.

Apart from that it looks very strange, I don't see any problem with
applying your patch.

Fred