Re: ANN: ProjectManager 0.1.2

From: Sašo Kiselkov
Subject: Re: ANN: ProjectManager 0.1.2
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:48:15 +0100

Quoting Serg Stoyan <stoyan255@ukr.net>:

> Agree with you. Excelent work, Sašo. Sašo if you don't mind I want to
> integrate ProjectManager's editor into ProjectCenter.

Sure, go ahead. The relevant classes (and files) are:
 - SourceEditorDocument: the editor's NSDocument subclass.
 - EditorTextView: does all the custom drawing and integrates with syntax
highlighting
 - EditorRulerView: the editor's line/character indicator rulers
 - EditorGuide: an object which represents a draggable guide (see file TRICKS).
 - SyntaxHighlighter: the syntax highlighter's core engine
 - SyntaxDefinition: represents a compiled syntax definition used by a
SyntaxHighlighter object

Perhaps I should one day split it off into a separate component bundle... And
there's room for improvement in the syntax highlighter's performance. It
currently isn't totally snappy on my 300MHz Pentium equivalent when I run XMMS
in the background... damn.

Regards
--
Saso