Installing GNUStep under X11 on OSX...newbie...can anyone help please...

From: Andrew Sheridan
Subject: Installing GNUStep under X11 on OSX...newbie...can anyone help please...
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 00:54:28 +0000

When I run ./installgnustep (version 0.14 of gnustep-startup), I get the following errors:-

* Startup configuration report                                      *
I199 Information
GNUstep is not installed yet. Please proceed with installation of GNUstep
as long as you have resolved other errors listed here.
W272 Warning
You do not have a recent version of the libobjc library. Startup
will install one.
E281 Error
I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
For gcc-3.0.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and libobjc
can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to add
the directory given by gcc -print-file-name=libobjc.so to your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.
Please refer to your compiler installation instructions for more help.
Please correct the above errors before installing GNUstep
If you don't understand something or think a test is in error,

I have tried using Darwinports version but does not work - same compiler error. Can anyone help me?

Regards
Andrew