Re: Fix for NSTableView.m

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Fix for NSTableView.m
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 02:04:09 +0100

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Höschler wrote:

> - (void) _postSelectionDidChangeNotification
> {
>    int index = [_selectedRows firstIndex];
>    if (index != NSNotFound) [self scrollRowToVisible:[_selectedRows
> firstIndex]];
>    [nc postNotificationName:
>     NSTableViewSelectionDidChangeNotification
>       object: self];
> }

could you please explain, why we need to scroll a selected row to be
visible and why this should be done in this specific method? The main
purpose of this method is to be overwritable in the subclass
NSOutlineView. I would expect that, if the table view has to scroll its
view when the selection changes the same is true for the outline view.

Also this method gets called on row and column selection and again for
deselection is this what you intend? To me it seems better to move the
scrolling into the methods that really need it.

Cheers
Fred