Ubuntu: Using GNUstep Base Framework

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Ubuntu: Using GNUstep Base Framework
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:37:02 +0000

Hello everybody.

Congratulations on a very nice piece of software folks. The website and documentions is also excellent.

I have used Synaptic to install GNUstep on Ubuntu under advice from ( http://gnustep.blogspot.com/ ). But now I'm not too sure where I am up to in the installation!

What steps to I need to take to be able to use gnustep in my code from here?

Is the idea of gnustep to provide a whole working (IDE) environment? Or for example can just I use the base framework/library and link to that from the command line? What is the linking flag for the gcc compiler?

Kind regards, Daniel.