Re: Little Installation Problem.

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: Little Installation Problem.
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:53:19 +0000

Hi everybody,

Thank you for your help. Everything seems to be compiling nicely now ... lots of NS classes currently scrolling along in the terminal.

Cheers, Daniel.

On 2006-01-16 10:13:35 -0700 Daniel J Farrell <daniel.farrell@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

Hello everyone,
A few days ago I was asking for advice on how to install the base framework on Ubuntu so I could make my own apps using the gnustep framework. Well I have started again, deleted eveything, because I would like to use project center as my IDE. I'm having a little problem with this fresh install. I have downloaded the these files from ftp://ftp.gnustep.org/pub/ daily-snapshots/ :
gnustep-make-1.4.0pre1.tar.gz
gnustep-gui-0.8.0pre1.tar.gz
gnustep-base-1.4.0pre1.tar.gz
gnustep-back-0.8.0pre1.tar.gz

First. These releases are incredibly old. I don't even know how they got there. Get your releases from pub/gnustep/core

Second. The problem is that you sourced the GNUstep.sh as yourself, and are configuring with sudo (effectively as root). You need to do everything as the same user.