Re: Windows and GnuStep

From: Markus Hitter
Subject: Re: Windows and GnuStep
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:03:55 +0100

Am 01.02.2006 um 16:48 schrieb Andy Satori:

I suspect that it's the norm, because as with most thing Open Source, Windows users are deemed to be clueless gits that aren't worth the time nor effort.

No idea wether Windows users are more clueless than the average, but Windows users are obviously rare in the open source world and Windows adds some extra trouble by it's design. This holds true for GNUstep as well.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but right now, I don't feel like I'm wrong, please sell me on why I should reevaluate my position,

The GUI port to Windows is still very young and only few people work on it. As you noticed, it basically works nonetheless. So, why not get a helping hand in by reporting your failures in detail and discussing a patch or two? It can't be _that_ hard to get on par with Linux, after all.

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/