GNUstep Download & Installation - suggestion and questions

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: GNUstep Download & Installation - suggestion and questions
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:34:30 +0100

Hi again,

What do you think about following "Download" offers from GNUstep?

http://stefan.agentfarms.net/Download/GNUstep/DesignNotes/GNUstep%20-% 20Download.png

I have put MS Windows as first intentionally, to say "we can!".

Few questions:
- Is it possible to have OS X package for GNUstep that would use native Cocoa where possible? What is blocking this if it is not possible? - Is it possible to have "windows installer" creation process in gnustep-make? I mean to collect all know-how about creating the windows installer and allow developer to write: "make windows- installer" for any application or framework.

As for the OS X: I am now trying to figure out, how to automatically generate GNUmakefile in the X Code building process, so developers on OS X will have GNUstep ready source packages. Or if there is anyone who knows how to do it?

Regards,

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi