Re: GNUstep with Cairo backend problem

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: GNUstep with Cairo backend problem
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:35:49 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Chris Vetter wrote:

... with back-cairo compilation will always fail due to an error message
similar to
 "you need to specify #include "FILENAME" or #include <FILENAME>"
when trying to include any freetype related headers.

This looks like a wrongly installed freetype environment. Does the art
backend, which also uses freetype but probably an older version) work?
Sorry, I have no idea on how to sort this out.

I have no clue as to if it is related or not, but I discovered that when I build freetype2 from scratch headers get installed in ${includedir)/freetype2/freetype while all packages assume $(includedir)/freetype with is symlink this is quite easy to solve, but then I didn't do a "normal" install so it could have been me too.

Dennis

Fred