Re: Printing environment under MS Windows (Was: Re: EPS from view failed

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: Re: Printing environment under MS Windows (Was: Re: EPS from view failed)
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:14:22 +0100

Citát Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@brainstorm.co.uk>:

> On 26 Feb 2006, at 07:48, Stefan Urbanek wrote:
>
> > Excuse me for replying to my own post, but ... does anyone know how
> > to sett-up any, even null printing environment under MS Windows so
> > it would be possible to produce EPS output from a NS View?
> >
> > I received no hints so far :-/
>
> I don't know/understand the print system ... but the current code in
> svn has a few fixes I put in last week ... and I know that with that
> code print to file works to produce  files containing what looks (on
> casual viewing) like good postscript.  I haven't tried feeding the
> file to a printer or postscript viewer on windows though ... I don't
> have such a printer and haven't taken the effort to locate/install or
> learn how to use a postscript viewer under windows.
>
> Basically the fixes were to write to file under windows, to set up
> default printer and save the default setup, to avoid some unnecessary
> warnings, and to catch exceptions where the postscript viewer program
> is not found (just stops apps crashing when there is no viewer).

I will try to recompile GUI and see whether it works or not.

Anyway, why does EPS creation need printing environment to be set up when EPS
from a NSView should be printer independent?

Stefan Urbanek
--
http://stefan.agentfarms.net

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then
you win.
- Mahatma Gandhi