Re: How to create header files before make(1) tries to build-headers

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: How to create header files before make(1) tries to build-headers
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 22:03:47 -0700

On 2006-02-28 03:14:16 -0700 Nicola Pero <nicola.pero@operatelecom.com> wrote:
Yes - but I'd suggest we add a before-build-headers though so there is no
change in the API. :-)

I imagine there is code around that relies on the fact that you can write rules in before-all which expect the headers to have been build already.

Yes, except that it seems more confusing that before-all:: really isn't, but is instead before-all-except-before-build-headers:: ;-)

Why not just add an

after-build-headers::

rule and make a note that anyone who relies on something done after headers are built, change their before-all:: rule to an after-build-headers:: rule