Re: Some bug reports and usability issues with GWorkspace.app

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: Some bug reports and usability issues with GWorkspace.app
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 08:29:47 -0500

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:20:49 +0200
Enrico Sersale <enrico@dtedu.net> wrote:

> With "Fixed" I mean finder & symlinks, not the tabbed-shelf
> auto-hiding :-) Regarding the tabbed-shelf: I can only say that I
> can't reproduce your problem and that I've totally rewritten the two
> methods that hide and unhide the shelf;

The strange thing is that the tabbed-shelf hides properly when using
the short cut, but with auto-hide, it only hides half of the shelf.

> if the problem remains I'd need more information; probably you
> should try to modify the methods and see if/when something
> changes... (in GWorkspace/TShelf/TShelfWin.m -animateShowing and
> -animateHiding).

I will take a look at it, I am trying to learn Objective-C right now.

> Regarding the finder: I'm not sure if it should traverse the
> symlinked directories by default; what do you think about adding a
> "follow symlinks" switch near "recursive"?

This is acceptable, but I don't really see the reasoning since all
L/Unix based file managers does it.

Thanks,
Charles

--
    if (argc > 1 && strcmp(argv[1], "-advice") == 0) {
        printf("Don't Panic!\n");