Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.8.1

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: ANN: GWorkspace 0.8.1
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:21:42 +0200

On 2006-03-07 07:11:39 +0200 Seth Quarrier <saw8@cisunix.unh.edu> wrote:

As GWorkspace bugs have been on topic lately, I have a bug to point out, I use WindowMaker and backart with multiple desktops and while the tabbed shelf works great on the desktop I launch GWorkspace from, it fails to be present on other desktops, even though I am useing the omnipresent desktop feature with the dock and desktop present on all desktops. This does not strike me as the desired behavier.

Thanks,
Seth Quarrier

The "desktop" can be "omnipresent" because it is a NSWindow keeped at NSDesktopWindowLevel;
with a recent version of -back and WindoMaker >= 0.92 a window at NSDesktopWindowLevel will be automatically
"omnipresent". But this mechanism doesn't seem to work for two windows together and also the tabbed
shelf is a NSWindow...
Probably you could try to make the tabbed shelf omnipresent using the WindowMaker
menu (Options->Omnipresent); but the tabbed shelf has not a title bar so you
must first find a way to popup this menu.