Re: StackTrace problem

From: Wim Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: StackTrace problem
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:05:46 +0200

"Lloyd Dupont" <lloyd@nova-mind.com> writes:

> Wim Oudshoorn & Chris Vetter both provide nice solution.
> However I have problem with both.
>

> Wim method, while working in a test program, fail to bring any
> information when I hacked lib foundation so that NSZombie log the
> error stack.
> I ended up with stack like
> 0 (nil) (nil)
> 1 (nil) (nil)
> 2 (nil) (nil)

Hm, I know your situation is complicated so I am not surprised.
There are a few reasons why it might fail

* Not compiled with debug information
* Not compiled with gcc
* My code a the moment only shows a good backtrace for the
  executable, not for code in DLL's.

The last part is easy to fix though.  Look in the source code
and search for bfd_open.  One of the arguments is a filename.
This filename now poiints to the name of the current executable.
If you replace this with the full path of the gnustep-base.dll
it should give correct information for the stacktrace inside gnustep-base.

Hope this helps,
Wim Oudshoorn