Re: Question about message forwarding

From: Issac Trotts
Subject: Re: Question about message forwarding
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:55:22 -0700

> Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 21:17:16 -0600
> From: Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com>
> Subject: Re: Question about message forwarding

> It seems that in some cases the forwarding mechanism can't figure out
> the method signature and get's it wrong.  Adding
>
> @protocol Del
> -(void)foo;
> -(void)bar:(int)key;
> -(void)baz:(NSNumber*)key;
> @end
>
> and making Forward respond to the <Del> protocol makes it work.

You're right, it works.  Thanks for helping.

> Do you know if you are using ffcall or libffi?

I can't say for sure, since I used a Gentoo ebuild, but I believe I am
using libffi.  Here is the quote in gnustep-base-1.10.3.ebuild that
makes me think it is libffi:

    # why libffi over ffcall?
    # - libffi is known to work with 32 and 64 bit platforms
    # - libffi does not use trampolines