Re: [ANN] Azalea preview

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: [ANN] Azalea preview
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:50:54 +0100

On 4/26/06, Günther Noack <gnoack@guenthernoack.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Am 25.04.2006 um 21:06 schrieb Yen-Ju Chen:
> >   These are the improvements in my mind:
> >
> >   1.  Use GSXML instead of libxml.
> >        It will be one-to-one porting. Azalea read XML into DOM.
> >        Currently, GNUstep supports SAX in NSXMLParser
> >        and DOM in GSXML.
> >        So if someday someone wrap the GSXML into NS* class as in
> > Cocoa,
> >        we may need to rewrite again.
>
> I had these issues with the parser in RSSKit, too, when trying to port
> it to Cocoa. I ended up with a very simple DOM implementation that's
> based on NSXMLParser instead of libxml2 (as in the GSXML classes),
> which is mostly compatible to the GSXML API. It's definitely not a
> complete implementation, though.
>
> However, using GSXML for XML parsing is quite safe, because you
> can just add those small DOM classes and adjust some class names
> in you code to rely on NSXMLParser instead of GSXML.
>
> You can find those classes in RSSKit in the Etoile SVN.

Hm.. but why not directly use NSXMLParser ? it's a SAX parser, but we
have a gnustep implementation of it (actually, it is a wrapper around
gsxml, but anwyay, it seems to work fine).
I'm using NSXMLParser for helpviewer (I'm working on it at the moment),
and so far so good...

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly