Re: Which Linux distro / hardware combo is a reasonable choice?

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: Which Linux distro / hardware combo is a reasonable choice?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:11:53 -0700

On 5/30/06, John Clayton <coderager@notmac.com> wrote:
to reply - please replace notmac with mac in my address above.

My question is this:  I wish to port an objective-c, non-gui app from
Mac OS X to GNUstep - is there a particular hardware platform / Linux
flavour combination that is  better than others?

I.e. any old PC using Slackware is better than a power-pc based Linux distro?

I'm simply trying to find the most reliable / supported solution before
I begin development.

 I use Ubuntu/PPC and no problem at all.
 In general, GNUstpe is very portable.
 I also have GNUstep install through darwinports.
 In that way, I can run GNUstep on Mac OSX.
 No need to reboot anymore.

 Yen-Ju

Thanks

John Clayton