Re: Log messages (or lack thereof) in SVN

From: Chuck Robey
Subject: Re: Log messages (or lack thereof) in SVN
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:16:35 -0400

Gregory John Casamento wrote:

There have been a large number of commits to the repository lately with no comments whatsoever. These comments are useful to determine what changed and are also useful as a guide when something is broken. Please add descriptive comments when committing to the repository.

Thanks, GJC
Gregory John Casamento

Discuss-gnustep mailing list
I think it ought to be possible to require a minumum number of words of comment in any commit; it was possible to force cvs to do this. Personally, I tihknk its a fine idea, because theres often to other way to force folks to add comments.