Re: NSTextField without border

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSTextField without border
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 19:05:33 +0200

Andreas Höschler schrieb:
>> if you look carefully you will notice that what you see is not a border
>> but a bezel :-)
>>
>> [_nameField setBezeled: NO];
>>
>> Should do the trick. The interesting question is now, where the
>> difference to MacOSX comes from. On GNUstep text fields have bezeled
>> borders by default.
>
> Thanks, this did the trick!
>
>>  Not sure if this is true for MacOSX as well.
>
> I know it is off by default. :-)

OK, so any opinions on what we should do in GNUstep? What was the
default for OpenStep and does MacOSX really have border and bezel off by
default?
The most natural solution for me would seem to remove all the settings
of cell values in [NSTextField init] and move those which are really
needed into [NSTextFieldCell init]. To find out, which will be needed,
somebody needs to write a test on MacOSX that creates
a) a text field and
b) a stand alone text field cell
and reports the values for state, bezeled, bordered, selectable,
editable and drawsBackground.
Any volunteer for this task?

Cheers
Fred