Re: cairo backend status

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: cairo backend status
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:23:22 +0200

Rogelio Serrano schrieb:
> On 8/16/06, Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ok back to cairo. It looks like nobody is working on it. Im going to
> build cairo back in a uclibc based environment and hack it up so it
> will work on the framebuffer. Im going to chop up cairo-back into tiny
> little pieces and write test programs for each tiny bit of
> functionality and put it back together again. My main focus is the
> framebuffer but i would like to use gnustep for testing.

OK, so you will be writing a framebuffer display server to use with the
cairo graphics backend. Nice approach, but what is the chopping and
putting back together bit all about? Did you write this just for the
sound of it or is there any real plan behind this?
The cairo backend would need some fixing just as it stands, are you
planing to do any of this?