Re: really attracting developers

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: really attracting developers
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:29:24 -0400

On 2006-08-26 15:47:02 -0400 Philippe C.D. Robert
<philippe.robert@gmx.net> wrote:

> IMO it is because some GNUstep developers don't want to see GNUstep
> being a
> complete desktop solution (for X11 based systems), instead  they
> favour the
> cross-platform API path, whereas others don't want to  write major
> applications for GNUstep because it is not a complete  desktop and
> thus has
> no target audience - sadly GNUstep apps just  don't integrate with
> other
> desktops.

I agree with this. The show stoppers that I found with GNUstep are:

(1) A paste board that play nicely with the native clipboard system.

(2) Drap and drop that works with the native system.

(3) A print system that works.

Charles

--
"Nature abhors a Vacuum"

   -- Brian Behlendorf on OSS (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and
Associates)