Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 45, Issue 21

From: Michael Thaler
Subject: Re: Discuss-gnustep Digest, Vol 45, Issue 21
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 12:46:09 +0200

> Whats keeping other developers from gnustep?
>
> incomplete ide?
> incomplete nextstep based system?
> incomplete libraries?
>
> i don't buy the general applications unavailability argument. we are
> talking about people who want to create apps under gnustep.

I started developing for KDE because I used KDE. But I cannot currently use
gnustep/etoile because there is not even a decent webbrowser. And applications
not written for gnustep/etoile integrate very badly with gnustep/etoile.

> i don't buy the appearance argument either.

As someone who never used nextstep, I am not used to its look & feel and I
don't like its look. This is not about what is better, this is about what I am
used to. I think gnustep with Cameleon and a decent theme looks o.k., but I
wouldn't like to use gnustep with the original nextstep look.

I guess I am not the only one who things like this

Greetings,
Michael