Re: The need for an official GNUstep desktop

From: Peter Cooper
Subject: Re: The need for an official GNUstep desktop
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:30:10 +0200

Just for the record, speaking of the "all the world is Linux" problem, Terminal.app runs fine on OpenBSD, but I have to compile it with -D__NetBSD__ :P But this is not the latest SVN so it might have improved since last I built it.

I may have submitted the NetBSD changes, sorry! (Reminder to self: always test on OpenBSD too ;-)

I do get a few issues vis a vis strange window/keyboard focusing problems (no other GNUstep app does this for me), and if I quit it while there are terminal windows still open it dumps core.

I've never experienced core dumps at all on NetBSD 2 and 3. I've had focus issues, but they've become rarer with new releases of GNUstep GUI. Restarting WindowMaker seems to fix it, if we're going to start pointing fingers here :-)

Peter