Fwd: plugins or do?

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Fwd: plugins or do?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 21:31:44 +0800

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com>
Date: Aug 29, 2006 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: plugins or do?
To: Johannes Fortmann <johannes.fortmann@googlemail.com>

On 8/29/06, Johannes Fortmann <johannes.fortmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
On 8/28/06, Rogelio Serrano <rogelio.serrano@gmail.com> wrote:
> im working with an iff formated file. whats the best way to handle the
> different media inside? use DO or plugins?

Apple actually supplies sample code for this exact case. I don't know
if it works in gnustep, but I do know it's been there since at least
10.1, so it's reasonably near the OpenStep spec that it should be
supported by GS. I attached a copy of the code; you'll have to supply
your own make file, though.

Greetings,
Johannes Fortmann

Thanks for the download. Thats not what i have in mind though. im
using an iff format file to store text and images and im planning to
display and edit both pictures and text in place in a single window. i
have decided to use DO.

i think im going to create another format that differs from the iff
format by using a pair of 32 bit numbers for chunk ids and 64 bit
size.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself