Re: Thoughts triggered by these NeXTbuntu guys

From: Rogelio Serrano
Subject: Re: Thoughts triggered by these NeXTbuntu guys
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 14:03:41 +0800

On 8/30/06, Tima Vaisburd <tima@vaisburd.net> wrote:

This topic deserves another message with a different subject line,
here I can only say that it presents a natural obstacle for people who,
like me, wants their work to be recognized by others.
Thus the Nextbuntu's idea on removing this requirement seems to me
quite appealing.

To summarize: before going into new desktop environments, please finish
the core gui/back libraries to let people learn and use them for their own
purposes. Declare specific API version - being it Mac OSX 10.2.7 or not -
and make it work completely under at least one platform.

I agree But somebody needs to start testing these things together by
writing small programs to find out whats lacking then propose
solutions on the list.

--
things i hate about my linux pc:

1. it takes more than a second to boot up
2. keeps asking about filenames and directories
3. does not remember what i was working on yesterday
4. does not remember all the changes i have ever made
5.cannot figure out necessary settings by itself