Re: [OT] Copyright assignment

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: [OT] Copyright assignment
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:34:01 +0300

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:32:43 +0200, Chris Vetter wrote:

> For example, I do not know whether I have to write a letter or send a
> mail,

If it is a GNU project, write to the project leader.  Adam Fedor knows
how to handle this perfectly well (I don't know whether he has
delegated such tasks to Richard-Frith Macdonald or other maintainers).
Basically the maintainers of GNU packages follow the instructions at
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html.

If it's a non-GNU project, write to assign@gnu.org.

> or whether I have to include the source in whatever I have to send
> to the FSF or not.   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Definitely not.  You sign the papers only once and it is in force for
all the code that you would contribute in the future.

--
JID: doganov@jabber.minus273.org