Re: gui icons

From: Jesse Ross
Subject: Re: gui icons
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:59:51 -0500

can you make KDE/Gnome icon theme specs
integrate into Windows and Mac OS X?

May be we can add xml in our icon bundle to support the look up over
their database some how. Correct me but I don't think their approach
suites our bundle based file managements.

I agree that their layout doesn't map ideally to our bundles. Also I don't think that the set of icons used in KDE/Gnome themes will easily map to GNUstep themes, so attempting to use their layout won't help us.

Agreed -- if anything, I would think integrating with OS X-style icons would be preferable, simply from a porting standpoint.

J.