Re: SystemPreferences.app-panels not in action responder chain

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: SystemPreferences.app-panels not in action responder chain
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:29:20 +0300

On 2006-09-25 18:07:40 +0300 address@hidden wrote:

Here you are. The pane is *really* primitive. But I thought, keep it simple, anything advanced is better done with "defaults".

btw: This pane is another prove with what small efford even an (step-)unexperienced programmer like me comes to terms in an openstep environment. And I witness against the frequent complain of missing docs. Explanation and examples for *everything* is just a google away. Not to mention all the open ears on the lists.

Thank you. Committed.

A little side note, valid also for the ColorSchemes module (and for all the
future modules): each NSPreferencePane should implement -shouldUnselect:, a
method that returns a NSPreferencePaneUnselectReply value that let the
SystemPreferences application know if the current active pane is in a state in
wich it can be closed without loosing any information. That is, if you are
editing someting and the new values are not saved, your method should return
Moreover: if your pane shows windows, dialogs, etc., you should implement also
-willUnselect and close all your windows here.
An example of use of these two methods is in the MDIndexing pane of GWorkspace
You can find a complete documentation of the Preference Panes Framework at: