Re: Re: Some random thoughs and questions on the future of GNUstep

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: Re: Some random thoughs and questions on the future of GNUstep
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 21:46:53 +0100

On 9/30/06, Rob Burns <rburns@paiges.net> wrote:
On 2006-09-30 21:45:24 +0700 Nikolaus Waxweiler <madleser@gmx.de>
wrote:

> - Make a clone of Squeak's code browser and integrate StepTalk to
>  clone Squeak's Workspace. I wonder why I haven't heard about these
>   concepts outside the Smalltalk community, since this has the
>   developer focus on programming rather than messing with files,
>   e.g. no more synchronizing header files with the source files and so
>   on.  Should also include a SCM service with support for CVS and SVN.
>   A 1:1 copy of Squeak isn't possible, but an approximate is fine,
>   too. This might warrant a page on the wiki for further elaboration
>   and illustration. I'm working on it.

There was a wiki that elaboroted on something like that, but it seems
broken at the moment

http://ide.roard.com/wakka.php?wiki=Main

Yeah, not sure why... as other pages work:
http://ide.roard.com/wakka.php?wiki=Goals
I'll try to fix it.

--
Nicolas Roard
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly