Re: Making Packages

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Making Packages
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 18:34:46 -0400

On 10/6/06, Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@tiptree.demon.co.uk> wrote:
Support for DESTDIR= was only added to gnustep-make in SVN about a
week ago.  Before that special_prefix= should have done the same job.

Well, I've been at it since 1:00pm (it's now 6:30pm).  Appearantly special_prefix on works with gnustep-make, but not with any other package (-base, -gui and -back).  I actually haven't gotten to -gui and -back yet since I've been trying to figure out how to do -base.  Last time I got it to install to /tmp/gnustep-core but for some reason when I went to build -gui it exploded saying some function wasn't defined (a missing .h file).  I'll keep trying it, but I think it would be really nice if $DESTDIR (or something) could be included on all the packages, not just -make.

Stefan