install problems on SuSE 10.1

From: tgate
Subject: install problems on SuSE 10.1
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 20:25:18 -0800

I'm new to GNUstep so please be kind :)

I'm now setup with a Mac on one side of me and a shiny new pc running SuSE 10.1 (x86_64) on the other. Now I'm trying to get the GNUstep tools built and it's been very problematic...

1) First complaint was about "ffcall" which, even after YaST reported it to be installed, I still could not get past the 'base' configure without editing the configure script and skipping over the final check (I know this is a really bad thing to do).

2) Now when I try and make the 'gui' I get warnings and errors pertaining to NSObject.h (among others) not being found.

I've tried to install both from rpm and from the svn source which both had the same problem.

Could anyone that has a working setup on SuSE 10.1 steer me in the right direction?

-todd