Re: Trying to learn ObjC

From: Stefan Bidigaray
Subject: Re: Trying to learn ObjC
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 14:23:12 -0500

Well, I feel like an idiot, now!  Weird error I might add... at least I will know what the problem is next time.

Stefan

On 11/10/06, Matt Rice < ratmice@yahoo.com> wrote:

--- Stefan Bidigaray < stefanbidi@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've read a few online documentation on ObjC (mainly
> Apple's) and I feel I'm
> ready to start understand Yen-Ju's GSTutorial.  The
> problem is that I went
> through his HelloWorld program and I'm getting this
> error:
>
> ===Start===
>  Compiling file main.m ...
> In file included from

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/Foundation/NSDebug.h:211,
>                  from

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/Foundation/Foundation.h:32,
>                  from main.m:2:

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/Foundation/NSProcessInfo.h:32:
> error:
> syntax error before 'CPP_AT_NAME' token

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/Foundation/NSProcessInfo.h:61:
> error:
> syntax error before 'CPP_AT_NAME' token

/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Headers/Foundation/NSProcessInfo.h:83:
> error:
> cannot find interface declaration for
> `NSProcessInfo'
> ===End===
>
> This is using -base version 1.13.0!  Can anyone let
> me know what I'm doing
> wrong (chances are it's me, not Yen-Ju's code)?

oops.. forgot to cc the list..

which version of the compiler are you using

http://www.mail-archive.com/gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org/msg106167.html

you can also get this error from a missing @end

for instance

@interface Foo : NSObject