Re: zero padding numbers

From: Graham J Lee
Subject: Re: zero padding numbers
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 15:49:08 +0000

On 18 Nov 2006, at 06:52, tgate wrote:

I notice that in Cocoa the NSNumberFormatter class has a method for setting a "pad" so that numbers like "12" can look like "0012" after formating. This seems to be missing from the GNUstep version and I'm wondering if there is another way people tend to do this. If I want to read a series of images uploaded form a camera the zero-pad is very helpful.

If you mean -paddingCharacter and -setPaddingCharacter: these are only available with NSNumberFormatterBehavior10_4 and GNUstep's NSNumberFormatter doesn't implement that behaviour at all. However you can do what you want in the 'original' NSNumberFormatter anyway:

        NSNumberFormatter *fmt=[[[NSNumberFormatter alloc] init] autorelease];
        [fmt setFormat:@"0000"];
        [[textField cell] setFormatter:fmt];

(warning: typed into Mail, lightly tested, blah) should put leading zeroes.

Cheers,
Graham.
--
Graham J Lee