Re: plotting graphs

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Re: plotting graphs
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 01:51:09 +0000

I'm lazily working on a NSView subclass that will do this (screen- shot: http://www.boyfarrell.com/forums/qdc_plot.tiff). In fact just today I have complete the methods that calculate tic mark spacing and positions... Let me know if you want to work together on something. The code is MESSY I need to re-work the entire thing. May be the other suggestion will get you results faster.

Aquaterm and gnuplot are a great combination, this is my default of plotting my science stuff. I never attempted Per's method of getting embedding aquaterm; went a little over my head!

When I was looking around for a place to start, I found this public source code (objective-c++; don't really feel at home) for the guys that made DataTank (MacOS science app). They have released their 'foundation' code, in it is a 'SimplePlotter' example app (screen- shot here: http://www.boyfarrell.com/forums/simple_plotter.png) source: