Re: SeqFault in [NSBundle(Private) _addFrameworkFromClass:]

From: Marc Brünink
Subject: Re: SeqFault in [NSBundle(Private) _addFrameworkFromClass:]
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 15:50:09 +0100

Matt Rice wrote:
--- Marc Brünink <mbruen@smartsoft.de> wrote:

Nicola Pero wrote:
But "Foundation" (ie, gnustep-base) is not a
framework ... and is not a
bundle.

So how could you crash in NSBundle while loading
Foundation ? ;-)
_I_ don't know. Are you going to tell me? :-)

Seriously: These two logs in NSBundle
printf("\n1888: %lx", frameworkClass);
fflush(stdout);
printf("\n1888: %s",
[NSStringFromClass(frameworkClass) cString]);
fflush(stdout);
give me:

1888: fe9e1de0
1888: NSFramework_SRFoundation

1888: feab68c0
1888: NSFramework_SREnterprise

1888: fef729a0
1888: NSFramework_LOCommunication

1888: fef90f00
1888: NSFramework_FaxServiceFoundation

1888: feb33e80
1888: NSFramework_SRDesign

1888: fef2cf80
1888: NSFramework_SRObjects

1888: fe8ac840
1888: NSFramework_SRQuery

1888: fe745720
1888: NSFramework_SRMapKit

1888: febd8b40
1888: NSFramework_SRAppKit

1888: fe95b260
1888: NSFramework_SRInterface

1888: b698

So I really don't know which bundle it's loading,
but I do know the frameworkClass is poiting to an invalid address. And this is caused due to the loading of the SRMapKit framework.
I'm stucked.

could of course be coincidence but this seems to be
the 11th framework, where in that case the temporary
array in NSBundle's +initialize has just been
objc_realloc()'d
anyhow try that patch out which gets rid of the
temporary array entirely
I finally found enough time to try it. And it works. Hence the array is the problem.

Thanks
Marc