Re: WindowMaker

From: Marc Brünink
Subject: Re: WindowMaker
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:21:23 +0100

Chris B. Vetter wrote:
On 12/14/06, Chris B. Vetter <chris.vetter@gmail.com> wrote:
On 12/14/06, Marc Brünink <mbruen@smartsoft.de> wrote:
> Yes. The problem is: I do not want the menu to cover any other window.
> This is crucial for its usability.And I do not know if WindowMaker
> supports this.
I'm not using Window Maker, but if I remember correctly, WPref.app has
a panel that let's you specify where new windows can pop open. That
is, you can specify that windows should leave the first X pixel rows
alone.

Come to think about, you would probably still run into problems if you
maximise a window, and you could probably still move a window 'over'
the WildMenu.
Yes that's true. The most annoying thing a user did once was to move the "Applications" window above the menu :-) As a result he couldn't close it. And of course it's always on top :-) Because you cannot move this window with the meta key, I'd to kill EtoileMenuServer so the user could close the "Applications" window :-)
Annoying and time consuming. :-(

So in short, you will probably have to hack WindowMaker to prevent the
above actions.
*sigh*

Thanks
Marc