Re: Cocotron

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Cocotron
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:05:31 +0000

On 29 Dec 2006, at 01:37, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

Am 28.12.2006 um 17:37 schrieb Gregory John Casamento:

Nikolaus,

They would be wrong.   GNUstep not an OS.

They might be wrong, but it's not their fault. If we want people to get it right we'll have to explain it to them in a catchy way - even if that might include to rename gnustep-base to gnustep- foundation and gnustep-gui to gnustep-appkit.

I actually have no problem at all with the idea of renaming ... in fact, for compatibility it might be nice if we could build them so that they could be used both as libraries and frameworks at the same time, so that cocoa developers could link to them the same way they do on macos. I don't know how to modify makefiles etc to build them that way, but it can't really be all that hard.