Re: standardUserDefaults and recursive locks

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: standardUserDefaults and recursive locks
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 06:59:36 +0000

On 5 Jan 2007, at 16:26, Marc Brünink wrote:

Hi all,

hope all of you had a nice xmas and good year 2006.
However. It doesn't matter if it's 2006 or 2007. I do have some issues with GNUstep at all times :-)

Oberservation: Sometimes my application hangs because it waits for a lock in [NSUserDefaults standardUserDefaults]. Environment: I've one user logged into 2 sessions on the same machine. Each session runs an instance of the same application.
Explanation: Don't know.

Any hints?

Nothing really other than trying to find out which lock and where ... which requires attaching gdb to the hung application and examining it to find out what each thread in your application is doing.