FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 8 weeks left

From: address@hidden
Subject: FOSDEM 2007 organization - just 8 weeks left
Date: 7 Jan 2007 23:17:32 -0800

Hi all,
holiday season is over...

We are approaching FOSDEM 2007 rapidly and there are still many things
to be organized! If we look at the recent discussions, I think we have
learned that the GNUstep project needs more and better publicity to
shake off the "niche" and "oldtimer" image and draw more attention.
That is something we can only do all together.

So, please firstly note your participation on the Wiki page:
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2007#Who_will_attend_the_meeting

Then, many things need to be organized:
* who is at the booth
* when?
* who takes care of making and distributing brochures, Life CDs,
T-Shirts, etc.
* we have some proposals for talks and for the developer meeting, but
not yet enough! Especially, real life applications and user reports are
very welcome, but also status reports of the implementation of new
parts. Please refer to the Call for Presentations
* and, we need real world demos (i.e. Systems at the desk which show
GNUstep in operation). BTW, there is a hardware insurance by the FOSDEM
organizers, but we must register for that urgently.
* always more...

Please read the Wiki page http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2007
which shows the current plans. But plans come only to reality if people
work for them... And, if you have ideas, plans can be modified.

Nikolaus