RE: Embedded GNUstep - new rumours about embedded MacOS X and callfor su

From: Vaisburd, Haim
Subject: RE: Embedded GNUstep - new rumours about embedded MacOS X and callfor support [OT]
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:57:48 -0800

Helge Hess wrote:

> > On Jan 11, 2007, at 08:54, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> > Well, it [Nokia N800] is mainly lacking to be a phone whih makes it
quite
> > useless...

> I consider the UMTS-phone + N800 combo almost perfect. [...]
> The nice thing about the N800 is the form factor (touch display) for
internet browsing.

I agree with Helge: two-device set (Phone + Ultra-small PC/PDA) can be a
viable
alternative. Phone in your pocket, PDA in your car. For instance I want
a phone to be small enough
to always be with me but PDA large enough to be able to type with my
hands. Phone might serve
as a modem to PDA to maintain connection everywhere.

I recently changed a cell phone provider and had to research the
available phones,
it left an impression that cell phones are at the edge of current
technology: impressing
on paper but unreliable or fragile or suffer from call quality in
reality.
Therefore I was quite amazed at iPhone, it seems it's way beyond others,
I'd like to see
whether everything in it really works.

Tima