Editing NSCell Text In NSView With Mouse Down Event

From: Daniel J Farrell
Subject: Editing NSCell Text In NSView With Mouse Down Event
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 14:54:36 +0000

Hello.

I am drawing a NSCell in a NSView subclass using,

        NSCell *cell = [[NSCell alloc] initTextCell:@"NSCell"];
        [cell setStringValue:@"blahh blahh"];

I now want the user to be able to edit the next by clicking it with the mouse. When the editing is finished I then want to extract the new value. I have tried using,

        [cell setEnabled:YES];
        [cell setSelectable:YES];
        [cell setEditable:YES];.

However, this did not appear to do anything. I assume that I need to tell the NSCell exactly how to repond to the mouse. How do I do this? I have found,

        -editWithFrame: inView: editor: delegate: event:

in the GNUstep documentation but I'm unsure on how to start using it.

Regards,

Daniel Farrell.