Re: FOSDEM: We Need Hardware

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: FOSDEM: We Need Hardware
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:50:13 +0000

On 1/25/07, Benoit Astruc <benoit.astruc@free.fr> wrote:
Hi,

        I am a lurker on this list, not really using GNUstep as a whole but
currently using part of it in my code. I might come to FOSDEM, will see
this week end if I can.

ok :)

        If I come I will take with me two laptops : a 17" PowerBook (G4) and a
12" iBook (G3), each of them is running Mac OS X 10.3 and/or maybe
Linux. But each of them have some hardware issues so I won't rely on
them alone for the booth. (a thermal sensor of the PB send him to sleep
from times to time and the screen of the iBook need to be against
something in order to display anything else than a red screen).

Ok; well they could perhaps still be of some use on the booth
anyway... depends if we have more hw or not :)

PS : to Nicolas or other french people on this list, avez-vous une idée
sur un hôtel où passer la nuit ? Ce serait sympa de se regrouper non ?

Well, a few of us (me, quentin, jesse and saso) are going to the van
gogh youth hostel (http://www.chab.be/) which is cheap, quite good and
close to the ULB and the subway/tramway. But it's a youth hostel :)
(they have single rooms though).
If you want to go there, I think you better be reserving a room asap,
as it's quite popular (though they are not asking you to pay to
reserve a room).

Else, fosdem speakers and staff should be at the novotel tour noire
(http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/fichehotel/gb/nov/2122/fiche_hotel.shtml),
so you might want to go there too :)

--
Nicolas Roard
"La perfection, ce n'est pas quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, c'est