Re: GNUstep live CD (Was: FOSDEM: GNUstep booth demos )

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: GNUstep live CD (Was: FOSDEM: GNUstep booth demos )
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 03:30:00 +0000

On 1/29/07, Nicolas Roard <nicolas.roard@gmail.com> wrote:
On 1/29/07, Gürkan Sengün <gurkan@linuks.mine.nu> wrote:
Well I'll try to play a bit with your setup -- building a working iso
from it would be a first step ;-) (so far it's grabing files...)

If that works I'll try to modify it.. probably get rid of the gnustep
packages and compile from the svn, which should be easier (for me)
than creating all the debs that need to be created :-/ -- again, the
objective is to release something recent by the fosdem (eg include a
bunch of svn stuff from gnustep, etoile, gap, that aren't yet in
debian)

Stef or anybody else, if you want to help...

Well, it did build a cd, but gdomap/gdnc weren't launched, and any
gnustep app crashed :-/ -- I guess I forgot something.. :) (I built
the live cd using an ubuntu system).

But considering what I want to do (mostly compiling stuff by hand,
specifically for étoilé !) I think I'll perhaps simply modify an
unbuntu live cd...

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization/6%2e06
http://www.atworkonline.it/~bibe/ubuntu/custom-livecd.htm

--
Nicolas Roard
"La perfection, ce n'est pas quand il n'y a plus rien à ajouter, c'est