Re: Inter-thread communication with NSPort

From: Tima
Subject: Re: Inter-thread communication with NSPort
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 20:55:26 -0800

On 2007-02-03 00:44:36 -0800 Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@tiptree.demon.co.uk> wrote:

However, fort the one-way communication you describe, probably the simplest and most efficient option would be for your worker thread to use the -performSelectorOnMainThread:withObject:waitUntilDone:modes: method of NSObject.

Yes, -performSelectorOnMainThread:withObject:waitUntilDone:modes:
is just what I need. Thank you Richard, Fred and Wolfgang.

PS. I think you probably have the ports the wrong way round in your port message.

I tried both ways, neither worked for me.

Tima