Re: GORM doesn't want to display horizontal menu

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: GORM doesn't want to display horizontal menu
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:52:29 +0000

On 14 Feb 2007, at 14:40, Gregory John Casamento wrote:

Stefan,

I know you are referring to that. :) Unfortunately the setting applies to both the application's menu and the editable one. This is something that I did deliberately until the problem with abstracting the editable menu is solved.

In theory, the NSInterfaceStyle stuff should be being used to control this menu behavior ... which means that you ought to be able to leave the default setting at whatever the user provided, and just override the interface style for the actual menu's being edited(ie call [menu setInterfaceStyle: NSNextStepInterfaceStyle] on the menu being edited). Of course, you would need to unset the interface style before archiving the menus to file (and you might also want to change interface styles before and after test mode).

It may be that it doesn't work ... there could be bugs in the NSMenu code ... but it ought to be ok.