Re: Fucked up gnustep-make

From: Chris Vetter
Subject: Re: Fucked up gnustep-make
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 01:25:20 +0100

On 2007-02-13 23:38:53 +0100 Adam Fedor <fedor@qwest.net> wrote:
This language really isn't appropriate for this list.

I agree, somewhat.

Hard-coding path or tool names, simply assuming that certain flags of tools exist and/or do the same thing on platforms other than your own, using certain features of a platform without checking that these exist on others as well (eg. /proc) can be EASILY avoided by sitting down first and think about the impact of what you're doing and trying to accomplish.

This isn't the first time that 'source code' was commited that was clearly Linux'ism. Don't you think that this will tick people (NOT using Linux) off if it happens again and again -- but could have easily been avoided?

Please try to  use better words in the future.

I apologize if I ticked you off.

I probably over-reacted, however this was the seventh or eighth unnecessary Linux'ism I ran into in two days, though not all related to GNUstep-core. That kind of makes you... jumpy (and not in a good way).

--
Chris