Re: The importance of civil communication on the list (was Re: Fucked up

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: The importance of civil communication on the list (was Re: Fucked up gnustep-make)
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:11:04 +0100

Am 15.02.2007 um 15:32 schrieb Jeff Teunissen:

Gregory John Casamento wrote:
All,

While I realize this is an open forum, it makes us look really unprofessional to have profanity in the subject lines or in the messages. I would appreciate it if we all could please make our communications on the list free of profanity.

Why, why WHY in the name of all that is good should anyone in a Free Software
project act professional?

Because we want GNUstep to be successful? Because that means GNUstep has to be used in professional environments for that? Because we gain, given GNUstep is used professionally, better code review, better stability, more applications developed using GNUstep, more testing, lesser bugs.

It's not a company, it's a hobby.

That attitude of some currently shows in GNUstep. Some professional developers I talked to regard GNUstep as a playtoy of grown up boys because of the overall quality. If for instance the Apache guys had the same attitude nobody would (and could) use Apache (professionally).

regards, lars